Don't know which language to learn ? OR, probably you are stuck with finding appropriate reasons to choose any language to learn?
Learning a new language will almost always benefit you, especially if you’re in the localization industry or work adjacent to it. Additionally, there are some secondary benefits of learning any foreign language like German.
Learn German and enhance your career prospects: By learning German, you improve your education, open a gateway to better jobs, and have the flexibility to travel to German-speaking countries without language barriers.
German is one of the most popular languages as it offers you many career opportunities be it in the field of education, media, allied services, government backed projects and other industries. The Germany-India trade relations are among the strongest in the world, so having a basic grasp of the language opens up innumerable opportunities.
If you have made your decision and want to pursue German courses but cannot decide which course is best or suitable for you? This blog is tailored to end your confusion.
Here is a list of top German language institutes in India from where you can kick start your German Language journey.
Goethe-Institut (Max Mueller Bhavan)
Goethe-Institut is an affiliated institute of the German embassy and offers top notch experienced German faculty. The course is divided into six broad levels:
- Goethe-Zertifikat A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2, structured according to the CEFR, Goethe-Zertifikat
The German Language School
The German Language School offers courses designed as per the German proficiency test. Their curriculum is divided into four broad parts which are A1, A2, B1, and B2, and further subdivided into two parts.
German Language Circle
This institute has offered intensive German courses in Delhi since 2014. The course has a total of 8 levels as per the German ability test.
t conducted in May or June every year.
Established in the year 2006, this learning center is exclusively for the German language. Their curriculum is strictly structured as per the Zertifikat Deutsch.
Website: CLICK HERE
Location: M-161 / 1, GL House, Behind Axis Bank, Gautam Nagar, Greenpark Metro Stn. (Gate no. 2), New Delhi - 110049
University of Delhi
University of Delhi offers part-time certificate, diploma and an advanced diploma in German language. They also provide the option for full-time degree programs in the department of GRS at Arts faculty.
Following are the affiliated colleges that offer German language courses :
A) German in North Campus Colleges
- Ramjas College, Maurice Nagar – Certificate
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Pitampura – Certificate
- Mata Sundri College – Certificate
- Miranda House – Certificate
- Hindu College – Certificate
- SGTB Khalsa College – Certificate
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce – Certificate
- Shyam Lal College – Certificate & Diploma
- Satyawati College – Certificate & Diploma
- St. Stephen’s College – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma.
- Daulat Ram College – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma
- Hansraj College – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma
B) German in South Campus Colleges
- Sri Venkateswara College – Certificate
- Gargi College – Certificate
- College of Vocational Studies – Certificate & Diploma
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce – Certificate & Diploma
- Acharya Narendra Dev College – Certificate & Diploma
- Bharati College – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma
The Department of Germanic and Romance Studies at Arts faculty offers Bachelors, Masters, M.Phil., and a Ph.D. in German language at Delhi university.
Along with teaching language skills, the program also impart knowledge about history, literature, culture and customs. Moreover, the GRS department offers scholarships as well to study or do research in Germany and other German-speaking regions.
JNU — Centre of German Studies (CGS)
The Centre of German Studies offers BA, MA, MPhil and Phd programs in German and is among the first departments to offer separate German degrees in literature, and translation and interpretation. The students are selected on the basis of entrance tests.
Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages which was founded in 1958, is a very prominent institute for learning Foreign languages in India. This institute offers one year part-time German courses in Delhi. Their entire course is divided into two semesters of 5 months each.
To understand how to read and write the Korean alphabet and join our online certificate course in order to fulfill your dream to work in Korea or appear for the TOPIK exam.
Please check these pages :
- Learn Korean Script Hangeul in 1 Hour
- Join our Level 1 online certificate course
- TOPIK - The complete guide
If you are going to appear for the TOPIK test or just need a boost in Korean language we would strongly advise you to join our online certificate course. One reason is that this course is developed and taught by people who are not only top level experts in Korean language but also are passionate about teaching Korean and helping learners like you achieve their dreams.
If you have any suggestions or questions. Comment down below.
Author : Sanjana Singh