Learn Korean Online from the best experts in India and Achieve your Dreams to Study or Work in Korea
NIIED has announced the application guidelines of the 2022 Korean Government Scholarship Program for Graduate Degrees.
For the year 2022, they are inviting 1378 international students from 154 countries, for degree (Master’s & Doctoral) and non-degree research programs.
1. Programs and universities
2. Period of Scholarship
○ Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of Korean language training + 2 years of degree program
○ Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of Korean language training + 3 years of degree program
○ Research Program: 6 months or 1 year
3. Quota for Indian scholars (GKS-G 2022)
- Embassy Track [Update : 23/2]
No of Scholarship - 23 scholars (22 for Master's and Doctoral and 1 research programme)
Number of nominations: 46 (44 for the Master's and Doctoral and 2 for research programme) Final Selection would be done by the NIIED.
MHRD Announcement for Embassy track applicants :
Last date for online application - 09.03.2022
Qualified students who want to apply for the scholarship through the Embassy Track must submit their application to the Ministry of Education, Government of India before the deadline. The last date to submit the online applications on the Ministry’s application portal is 09 March 2022 and to receive the hard copy applications by the Ministry of Education is 11 March 2022.
Only those who meet the eligibility criteria should apply for the program. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
As per requirement of the Government of the Republic of Korea, applicants need to comply with following conditions before submitting the application :
i) For proof of citizenship of applicants and parents, if there is no official certificate issued by the Government such as birth certificate, then voter ID card (apostille) or passport copy will be accepted. Aadhaar card will not be accepted.
ii) Applicants who are expected to graduate must submit an official certificate of expected graduation certificate letter that indicates the month/date of graduation.
iii) Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) must be submitted in one of the grading scales (4.0,4.3,4.5, 5.0 or 100 point scale). If applicant's grades need to be converted, they need to provide supporting documents officially issued by the college or university.
"Candidates who have already been abroad for study/training/specialization either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad as on 09.03.2021."
Applicants are requested to go through the application guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
- Applicants are required to apply online on the Ministry's application portal http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship. The portal will be active from 21 February 2022 to 09 March 2022.
- Applicants are required to submit four copies of the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship application form available on the aforementioned Korean Government website duly filled along with the supporting documents latest by I I March 2022 to the Under Secretary (Scholarships), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, 2nd Floor, Wing-6, West Block - l, R. K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066. Applicant must mention their Registration number, generated in respect of their on-line Application submitted on Sakshat Portal of the Ministry, on the Top of Envelop containing physical Application and all other related documents.
Documents required :
- Scanned copy of the following documents need to be uploaded at the time of online application at http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship.
- Marks sheet of Secondary Examination (Class X).
- Marks sheet of Higher Secondary Examination (Class XII).
- Last Grade Card available (in case of appearing candidates) or Degree Certificate in case of already passed candidates.
- Self attested Proof of citizenship for self and parents (Voter ID card (apostille) / passport).
Criteria for nomination :
Priority for nomination would be given to candidates :
- Pursuing subjects related to priority areas like health systems, etc.
- Who are pursuing/have completed their last qualifying exam either from Institutes of National Importance (INI)/ Central Universities (CU)/ Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI)/ National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accredited institutions.
- NIRF ranking/ marks obtained in graduation to be used as a tie-breaker in making nominations.
Important notes :
- Employed candidates must obtain 'No Objection Certificate' from their employer.
- In case of Government servant, cadre clearance is a must.
- Canvassing in any form & suppression of any fact in the application will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
- All information regarding the aforementioned scholarship would be made available on Ministry's website i.e, http://education.gov.in/scholarships . Queries may be directed by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 0ll26172492.
- All communication to nominated candidates would be made on their registered email.
Complete Application Guidelines and FAQs as available at the bottom of this article.