Welcome to the sixth Lesson from Learn Korean in India. Today’s lesson is going to be very interesting.
The title this lesson is 오늘은 날씨가 어떻습니까? Meaning : How’s the weather today ?
What you will learn in this lesson –
- Talking about weather
- Using Adjectives in Korean
- Difference between Topic Particles 은/는 and Subject Particles 이/가
Let’s get started.
Listen to the audio given below.
Thing to remember :
- 이/가 are particles used mainly to mark the subject of a sentence.
- 이 Is added to nouns ending with a consonant.
- 가 On the other hand is used after nouns ending with a vowel.
Grammar you'll learn with some examples to understand the concept :
- Noun 이/가 Adjective - ㅂ니다 / 습니다 ( Noun is Adjective )
- 날씨가 따뜻합니다 - It's warm.
- 도서관이 좋습니다 - The library is nice.
- 교실이 덥습니다 - The classroom is hot.
- 오늘은 날씨가 나쁩니다 - The weather is bad today.
- Noun 이/가 Adjective -ㅂ니까 / 습니까? ( Is Noun Adjective ? )
- 날씨가 따뜻하니까 ? - Is it warm ?
- 날씨가 춥습니까 ? - Is it cold ?
- 이것이 좋습니까 ? - Is it good ?
- Noun 이 /가 Adjective - 지 않습니다 ( Noun is not Adjective )
- 날씨가 따뜻하지 않습니다. - It's not warm.
- 날씨가 덥지 않습니다. - It's not hot.
- 가방이 좋지 않습니다. - The bag is not good.
- Noun 이 /가 어떻습니까? ( How is Noun ? )
- 날씨가 어떻습니까 ? - How is the weather ?
- 책이 어떻습니까? - How is the book ?
- (N은 /는) Noun 이 /가 Adjective - 브니다 /습니다 ( Noun Noun is Adjective )
- 오늘은 날씨가 좋습니다. - Today it's fine.
- 오늘은 날씨가 덥습니다. - Today it's hot.
- 오늘은 날씨가 춥습니까? - Is it cold today ?
- 오늘은 날씨가 좋지 않습니다. - Today the weather is not good.
Click on the link to see the video lecture :
We are using the book SNU Level 1 as reference to teach here. If you don’t have this book, click here to download it’s pdf for free : https://www.pdfdrive.com/korean-level-1-e186280494.html
And try solving the practice questions by yourself.