It’s an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. A key to growth is our ability to translate and adapt culturally most things Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming. As we move beyond 193 million members and hundreds of partnerships worldwide, we are looking for talented individuals to drive better creative outcomes for our global presence.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our Culture.
We treat each country we enter differently since it is not just about translation, it is about providing our audience with an experience that feels local, and we do it at scale. The Globalization team is looking for an experienced Korean Language Manager to manage the overall language strategy of all Korean language localized product and content assets for our Korean audience.
The successful candidate will work closely with external resources and internal stakeholders and partners at Netflix to create the best localized Korean language content assets and product experience for our growing member base in Korea.
The Korean Language Manager will be based in Seoul (Korea) and will be part of the APAC Globalization team.
- Develop linguistic and cultural standards and guidelines, define quality expectations across the whole localized user experience, including supporting the development of style guides, glossaries, tone and voice of Netflix product (UI, navigation, synopses) and content (subtitling, title name localization, marketing) in Korea.
- Monitor the linguistic quality output from subtitle and product localization vendors for your market using our internal MQM-based LQA model and other internal quality metrics and KPIs, and provide feedback and context to the translation teams, in order to ensure the best resource fit for the highest quality impact.
- Communicate proactively with Globalization cross-functional teams to anticipate, identify and fix linguistic, product, and subtitling issues related to your region.
- Proactively engage with relevant regional stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, PR, Social) in the Seoul office for additional context and insights on high visibility titles and to define and influence the best creative and linguistic approach for top priority content.
- Ensure that external resources (localization vendors, subtitlers) have access to the relevant information and advising on the best course of action regarding the localization process and the language strategy of high priority titles.
- Collaborate closely with other Globalization Language Managers and internal stakeholders (e.g. Globalization Program Managers, Content Acquisition teams) to collect relevant cultural and linguistic information about Netflix Korean language content and International Originals and support the localization effort to bring this content to a global audience.
- Partner with our International Dubbing team to influence the language strategy of local language dubbed assets for Netflix branded and unbranded content in the region.
- Gain product knowledge and awareness of product and content data for Korea and define quality expectations through research and A/B testing.
- Proactively engage with internal and regional stakeholders to drive regional product initiatives and create an optimized and consistent local experience and ecosystem for our Korea members.
- 10+ years experience in translating, writing and editing for a Korean audience in the creative space – experience in entertainment localization and subtitling a must.
- Strong experience in managing language quality and localization programs at a strategic level.
- Native fluency in Korean and full professional fluency in English.
- Strong business acumen and proven stakeholder management skills.
- Strong knowledge of the movie/entertainment industry in Korea.
- Ability to show initiative, work independently and drive initiatives at a strategic level.
- Deep understanding of localization specificities and pitfalls.
- Experience in Product Localization workflows and tools a plus.
- Eagerness to embrace a culture of candid feedback.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel within the APAC region (Singapore, Tokyo, Mumbai), as well as to the US (LA, San Francisco Bay Area) on a regular basis, as external conditions permit.
10 tips to learn any language fast and effectively
10 Best career options in Foreign Language field
Six Highest Paid Foreign languages to Learn in India