Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
What is a Language Manager at Airbnb?
The Language Managers are the guardians of Airbnb’s tone, style, and voice, and the enforcers of quality and excellence in their languages. As a Language Manager, you’re not only passionate about languages and cultures, but also about giving our users a native experience across all platforms.
You would be working in a multicultural team devoted to our international users, and doing cross-functional collaborations with all the departments in Airbnb as a service provider. If you want to shape the world of the sharing economy – Airbnb is the place to be. We work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and we give the best high-fives in town.
- Take ownership of the strategy to help achieve excellence in translation quality across all platforms
- Partner with translation and QA vendors to execute programs to help improve quality
- Coordinate language feedback from both users and Airbnb employees
- Creation of Language Style Guides
- Terminology management across all localized content
- Help with copywriting for content marketing initiatives
- Bridge between global and local products, marketing and email teams
- Bridge between Airbnb and translation vendor
- Collaborate with local teams to ensure stakeholders receive localization support for local initiatives
- Understand and actively research the needs of Airbnb international users
- Act as a bridge between local teams and product design teams
- Fluency in both Korean and English
- Time management skills, ability to multitask, highly organized
- Passion for translations and languages
- Experience using online translation software
- Hands-on translation experience in both web content and marketing
*Please submit your CV in English*
This is a permanent role based in our Seoul, Korea office.
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.