The notification for the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for Graduate programs (Masters and PhD) has ben published by Ministry of HRD, India. For 2021, the total seats available under embassy track are 22 and a total of 45 people will be nominated for the same. Find the complete MHRD India notification for GKS Graduate Scholarship 2021:
The Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Education, India issued a public notice regarding the eligibility criteria and the documents required for GKS-2021 scholarship set by NIIED.
Last date for online application: – 19.03.2021
I. The Ministry of Education invites applications from Indian nationals for the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship which is being offered by the National Institute for International Education (NIIED) of the Government of Republic of Korea.
- Number of scholarships: 22 under quota for General Applicants under ‘Embassy Track’.
- Number of nominations: 45 (Final Selection would be done by the NIIED).
- Level of Course: (i) Master’s, (ii) Doctoral and (iii) Research Programmes.
II. Eligibility Criteria for this scholarship as set by the NIIED are as follows:
1. Must be under 40 years of age (born after 1 September 1981).
2. Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of 1 September 2021 (born after 1 September 1976) are also eligible to apply.
3. Master’s Program Applicants: Must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree by August 31st 2021.
4. Doctoral Program Applicants: Must hold a Master’s degree or must be expected to hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s Degree by 31 August 2021.
5. Research Program Applicants: Must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities and must meet the criteria below:
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a Doctoral degree (by 28 February 2021)
- Professor Exchange Program: Must hold a Master’s degree or higher AND must be teaching at a university as a professor.
- Program for Education Science Culture International Cooperation Professionals: Must hold a Master’s degree or higher AND must be a professional in a field of Education, Science, Culture or International Cooperation (E.S.C.I)
6. All applicants must have maintained the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class.
7. Other conditions as set out by the Government of Republic of Korea (please refer to the enclosed guidelines for the scholarship).
8. Apart from the above criteria, the applicant must also fulfill the following condition:
“Candidates who have already been abroad for study/training/specialization either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad as on 19.03.2021.”
III. Scholarship benefits: For details about the scholarship benefits, please refer to page 18 of application guidelines.
IV. Students should download the application form booklet in word document format from the following link: HERE !!. Applicants are requested to go through the enclosed application guidelines carefully before applying to this scholarship.
- Applicants are required to apply online on the Ministry’s application portal http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship. The portal will be active from 22 February 2021 to 19 March 2021.
- Applicants are required to submit four copies of the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship application form available on the aforementioned Korean Government website duly filled along with the supporting documents latest by 21 March 2021 to the Under Secretary (Scholarships), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, 2nd Floor, Wing-6, West Block – 1, R. K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066.
VI. Documents required:
- Scanned copy of the following documents needs to be uploaded at the time of online application at http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship .
- Marks sheet of Secondary Examination (Class X).
- Marks sheet of Higher Secondary Examination (Class XII).
- Last Grade Card available (in case of appearing candidates) or Degree Certificate in case of already passed candidates.
VII. Criteria for nomination:
- Priority for nomination would be given to candidates who are pursuing/have completed their last qualifying exam either from Institutes of National Importance (INI)/Central Universities (CU)/ Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI)/ National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accredited institutions.
- Marks obtained therein would be used as a tie-break in making nominations.
VIII. Important notes:
- Employed candidates must obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer. In case of Government servant, cadre clearance is a must.
- Canvassing in any form & suppression of any fact in the application will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
- All information regarding the aforementioned scholarship would be made available on Ministry’s website i.e. http://education.gov.in/scholarships . Queries may be directed by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 011-26172492.
- All communication to nominated candidates would be made on their registered email.