In this lesson we'll learn how to talk about professions in Korean.
After this lesson you'll be able to ask people about their profession or tell them about yours.
Let's start by learning about some popular professions in Korean.
- Teacher - 선생님
(님 is honorific term. You can add it with any designation or position of someone.)
- 학생 - Student
- 의사 - Doctor
- 간호사 - Nurse
- 변호사 - Lawyer
- 가수 - Singer
- 배우 ( 남배우/여배우 ) - Gender neutral term for actor
- 공무원 - Government employee
- 회사원 - Company employee
- 사장 / 회장 - CEO , head of the organisation, manager etc.
( The owner of the shop or restaurant is also called 사장님 )
- 과장/부장/매니저 - Manager
- 대통령 - President of country.
- 총리 - Prime minister
How to ask someone's profession ?
- 무엇을 하세요 ? - What do you do ?
- 무슨 일을 하세요 ? - What kind of work do you do ?
- 무슨 - What kind of
- 일을 - Work
- 하다 - To do
3. 직업이 무엇입니까? - What is your profession ?
- 직업 - profession
( Watch the video for full explanation. )
Please leave your comments below.